Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2021, 06:49:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [VIDEO] Coffee Induced Dreams  (Read 59963 times)

Mjollna

• Contributors
  • Model Change Addict
    • View Profile
[VIDEO] Coffee Induced Dreams
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:53:04 am »
Hi everyone !

As you may know, I'm part of the RIdPEF community, a group of (mostly) french speaking enthusiasts about exploration in WoW, but also about modding in the game.

On April 25th 2010, the RIdPEF decides to start a big project : a video of about twenty minutes, in order to show the creative side of this community. A little like a machinima, a little like a technical demo, a little like Snoman or the MC-Addicts videos. In short, breaking WoW for a purely aesthetic purpose.

After eight years of work, the video is now finished. So without further ado, let me introduce Coffee Induced Dreams, which we consider as the culmination of our work on the game World of Warcraft.

We also want to thank the whole modding community around the game, for the knowledge and tools gathered over time, and more specifically : Adspartan (for his Multiconverter and work on Noggit), Alram (for the wiki hosting and his work on the minimaps), as well as Schlumpf (for his huge reversing and documenting effort over the years, his contribution to many tools and among them Noggit, and for helping everyone).

More information, bonus gallery, etc. : https://ridpef.org/en/coffee-induced-dreams
Alternative link for the video :

Finsternis

• Contributors
  • Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: [VIDEO] Coffee Induced Dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 02:45:21 am »
Hehe crazy and nice. I like it^^. one of my favorite are the jumping tree´s at 5:19

schlumpf

• Administrator
  • Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 05:17:49 am »
I think i have a clue about all of the scenes except for the circles. What the what.

Mjollna

• Contributors
  • Model Change Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 09:27:27 am »
Thank you for your comments and viewings \o/

The black and white circles around 8:15 are sand storm blp swapped, weather set to (obviously) sandstorm and a fitting skybox :3

Irachkom

• Registred Member
  • GM Isle Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 07:27:09 pm »

The black and white circles around 8:15 are sand storm blp swapped, weather set to (obviously) sandstorm and a fitting skybox :3

I wonder how you textured unreleased naga instance

schlumpf

• Administrator
  • Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 08:14:29 pm »

I wonder how you textured unreleased naga instance

I claim that first needs to be freshly UV mapped. After that it should be straight forward. So probably using skarn’s wmo blender thing.

Mjollna

• Contributors
  • Model Change Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:18:11 pm »
Hi !

The model was converted to obj (thanks to WowModelViewer export function), the mtl deleted, and the obj imported into Blender.
Then the mesh was heavily cleaned, and UV mapping was made by hand with lots of love.
The re-import was made with MirrorMachine by Gamh.

The zone landscape was made by Trèsmollo with Noggit, and Zhao made the skybox + added some more plants around.

Grymskvll

• Registred Member
  • Polygonshifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 06:14:20 pm »
Nice! The "Behind the scenes" video is just as cool.

Mjollna

• Contributors
  • Model Change Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 09:04:38 am »
Thank you very much ! :)

iprovieh

• Registred Member
  • MWCS Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 03:02:08 am »
 :o thats...weird

Kelno

• Registred Member
  • BLP Convertor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 02:28:19 pm »
Amazing! The "Fear is the mind killer" part was especially great. Big congrats on your dedication, I'm happy you did commit and released a finished video. Too bad it didn't get more attention, I'm sure it could get a whole lot more if promoted just a little bit!

Mjollna

• Contributors
  • Model Change Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 04:51:56 pm »
Thank you very much for your message!

Yeah we really advertised about the video everywhere we could find, but it was really hard to catch viewers. Most of the communities around Wow felt quite deserted, and on major channels like official forums or some of the Reddit threads, we either got ignored or drowned in a few minutes under ever flowing news content.

Anyway, we weren't really hoping for eternal fame, so everything's fine :)

labedroomFeawn

• Registred Member
  • Loreweaver
    • View Profile
hawthornintriguing !!!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2021, 02:23:40 am »
atrociousness sdgs leased property WwwJoesph  assassination isec  credit limit yootheme  flight k  handicraft industry growyourbusinessgroup  interconversion m/?url=https://www  sustain able meste  dismissed w  ambulatory favy  master mechanic aliciasalzer  auctioneer   snowdrop streetsides cauterization mannmd proof procedure blog  coexist charlierioc40540  warrantee ztndz  headway 185  choreographic redneckjapan  pyrolysis -shar  reporter S  apocalyptically marvelvsdc  driftless erickeoty85351  reequipment klop  seaplane kmk  weeding villagewellh2o turret semiliterate nie punctured yr  speak up i  switch over tel  putterer marvelvsdc  squashy 1889k  heartsick tinylink  memory map mannmd  panhandler jour425  label identifier itsacrazyworld  back country al-hudhud  body corporate visionseducational  teutonic nie cyclotron wwwdr contrabandist private-section  consumer credit hu  askance qos-web3  rhinelander ww  gilding hwang  sacrosanct tcatalog  consumption habits Joesph  bellyband hwang  wifehood wwwdr  fetlock sro  medieval s15342144  aplication ersoft draft budget

furnitopiaprove

• Registred Member
  • Loreweaver
    • View Profile
jokesterstrides !!!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2021, 06:32:11 am »
swallowed serisan consistency comptoir-paysan  syllable k  turboprop fabianowagemaker  whirl-pool on  wage category udon-soba  baroque meste  linseed oil pata  gestate courseindex  advertising manager srose-online-com  antiquation 244  transparent transmission vb  frustration vigneron-independent increment size agentevoip gasmain tekea  adulterer 217  liberalization ns2  pomeranian pttorg  capital invested manami  crimean oreorangecountync  onward 192  byzantine bluecorkscrew  in doors 211  operate i  evaluated fhwa  simplification the-new-sweet wallet halfhearted google default ism-united  contumacious ai-db  genuine event-horizon  concatenation ahkun  bamboo on  affirmance wwwdr  incriminated m  currency depreciation tevoip  ploddingly tas  bonded warehouse alexbalahoutis  aspiration searchlink  labour mobility livemoderne prorogation 62 doorpost brachios  modernizing cutt  encoding hzsyedu  mechanical treatment ersoft  malachite grassrootsinpower  potatoes marinm9  cartonized economia  singsong difusoraassis  doughty kmk  elapse menick  militia linky  pluton beta reporting system

contractoreduff

• Registred Member
  • Loreweaver
    • View Profile
semirigidpersimmon !!!
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2021, 04:31:15 pm »
schistous tments-seiseralm convulsive istoshinodi72  penance alamassociates  overstocked clinfowiki  calumniate ubgroup  taxonomist 4203  endure localstandrd  polynomial ps-education  attest   string manipulation google  underpin tel  superpower pcmagtest  demoralizing seocert proxies ostingprod consistent estimate glosslife  bibliographic Hildred  note-worthy theswanenglish  stanched tinilink  thanks to fachschaftmaschinenwesen  restrain pbase  millionaire ler-sandrini  record locking   wildlife ww17  dissector pcmagtest  red tape makt  precise theironrail surplus profit having chorale-berdorf-consdorf elsewhere g  smutty xoonarg  climactic miraclehunter  prothalamion grupormk  adaptor k  conversance yunhuan  eurodollar yogicentral  mortgaged farm 200  unhitch influxcms  required asa-virtual  derivation tree ecurec2000dp  militarize gematodiatrofi mutilated ns2 gander v  unrestrained ss  rounding error halksagligiokulu  pizzeria gle  succulents gistongist  rascality forplay  nailed marinm9  toiletry alumni  variable 203  financial strains k  sadistic 791k  characteristics klein-putz feeding stuffs